Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

quake again..

I'm not good at words. Urgh. Sometimes you might think my sentences flow smoothly, but it's NOT VERY SMOOTH. You get what I mean? Hope so..

I like words. erm.. not all of them but the majority. I like reading friends' words. In English especially, though sometimes I prefer Mandarins. Anyway, words, are beautiful when they are expressed appropriately. :)

I prefer reading words and sentences in paragraphs than in poetry or something. I don't know how to explain it. hm.. reading friends' blogs in English is really satisfying sometime. Hahaha.. I sound weird though. And I really envy them, with their ways they construct the sentences.

ooook. Talking about today, the first day of my semester exam. wow. It's English. Ya, Eng-lish. To tell the truth, I spent the previous night watching DW instead of concluding my points for the essay writing and I finished the whole series 4. damn! I didn't expect myself to finish it off so fast, what with all the exams coming and such. And there's no more DT except for the next 4 specials. T.T Need to get used to the new Doctor I suppose. Halt. Not talking into the topic.

oh ya, English. So, I had my English text in a lecture theatre. WOW... actually that's my first time entering the lecture theatre after the quakes and aftershocks. Well, I sat at the last row with my friend. On the seat, I could glance down all the way to the first row. lol. That felt kind of superior. Even if I'm sitting in the theatre, I don't feel like a uni student at all. Well, I have half of my bridging programme in a primary school, what do you suppose? Primary schools don't have lecture theatres and halls. Their classrooms are like what I had in my primary school days. Short table with small chairs around it. Just that the materials here are much more better and colourful compare to mine back then, which were only dull coloured wooded tables and light-weight plastic chairs. Besides, their classrooms are colourful as the walls and windows are pasted with the children's works and charts. I feel so... children-like while sitting in the class listening to the lecture. Cultural differences I suppose.


I'm straying from the topic again. ENGLISH. THE EXAM. Right, exam. Reading was find, not that difficult but not very easy either. Listening though, we had some problem but I don't have those anyway, since I ignored it. Well, for listening, examinees are to read the first page of the questions paper to know what information they are going to note about during the lecture afterwards. And you know what the instructor says? With her high-pitch voice: "I say closed your booklets!" something like that. Oh missy, you know nothing about 004's listening text aren't you. For you information, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO READ THE PRE-TEST TO GET AN IDEA WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD WE LOOK OUT FOR AND WHAT THE WHOLE LECTURE IS ABOUT. HELL! DID YOU EVEN READ THE INSTRUCTIONS OR YOU JUST COME AND INSTRUCT THE EXAM. I wonder why they wouldn't let our 004's teachers come to instruct instead, not some outsiders who totally have no knowledge about the way our exams are going. Hope that I not seeing you in my other exams.

English is done, 2 more to go. WOS and STATS. hm.. Actually, I'm more worry about my English exam than my other subjects for no reasons. :)

Another news is that, because of the few earthquakes ranging from 4.3~6.0 magnitude in Christchurch today, my campus is closed for the day and whole day tomorrow. Should I be happy that the exams are postponed or sad that they are cutting down my mid term holidays.  = =
We were at home by the way, during the quakes, since we finished our exam 11:35a.m.



Big sun this morning. Bright and shinny and strong. Thank God for the nice weather. ^^

Before that, this morning we drove to school with the front glass all fogged up and iced are swipe to the side of the screen. Oww, my screen has frozen. lol. Should have pour some warm water onto the glass before driving off. Hope I remember that the next time I went out early. ^^




Like still goes on as usual

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D