Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

407

哟~

大家好~

已经考完两科了 ^^

剩下两科~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

我没什么好update, 所以就谢谢我最近看完的书吧~

I'm reverting to English then...

SMOKE AND SHADOWS....
Well, this is the first book in the Smoke Trilogy. ^^ I read the 2nd book first last year and really like it. Hell, I said so before, I like male antagonist! Hahaha… Even movies too. XD But not those genres with many gun shootings and bad languages all over the place. That just make the whole reading/watching process painful = =

What’s the point of using all those colourful words? Vocabulary shortages??? …

Anyway, about the book, I finished it… quite sometimes ago and I didn’t push myself to write down anything about it. I kinda regret about it now. I can’t recall any specific details in the book just that I really enjoyed it!!!! Besides that, I really liked the way the author describe some scenes. The way she described it, even if it’s just some simple scenes, gave me the full blast, amplified by the fact that I was reading it at night and the room was kinda quiet.

There's a part describing a person found dead in a dark room. 

He curled his fingers around the cheap aluminum doorknob, twisted, twisted harder, and yanked. 
With a rush of cool air, shadow spilled out onto the soundstage, pooling on the concrete, running into the tracks and dips in the floor.
A body followed. ...
A small bounce as the back of her head  impacted with concrete. ...
- Smoke and Shadows, Tanya Huff

How I like the creepiness. Hahahahaha!!! I know it's not as creepy as I said so. I felt that too, once I typed it out.

Actually the book made shadows even more scary and creepy. Lol. For example, in the book, the shadows came from another dimension/world and merged into the human shadows. Through this, the shadows were able to possessed the human and learn things about the human world which later on they brought back to their master when the time was up. Their master, behold, The Shadowlord, had an ambitious plan to take over the human world via the shadows. The antagonist, a production assistant, unluckily worked in a building right where the portal was, of which the Shadowlord used to send shadows to the human world. So, unsurprisingly, the first batch of victims being possessed was those working around the antagonist. Besides that, he also discovered he had a wizard among his colleagues. Hahaha. And there I realized that was where the antagonist got his wizard thingy from. Wowwww…. For this wizard, I think the antagonist did said or thought, why wizard was used on a woman… O.O Yup. The wizard was a woman. ^^

It turned out that, this wizard was running away from the Shadowlord and that this Shadowlord was looking for her. The future wizard got so angry when he realized that the portal was opened by the wizard in the first place to escape from the Shadowlord. Lol…

Also, there’s his vampire friend. Hm.. Vampires, from what we have learnt, are very possessive and territorialize <- can this word be used like that? Anyway, there his vampire friend helping him. By the way, the wizard seems to be somewhat terrified of the vampire, maybe because he’s not one of the living.


Lalalalaaa….. I don’t really want to go into the book. J So I’ll leave it there to those who are interested to explore to themselves ^^ though I highly doubt that anyone reading this blog would do so. 




by the way............

the album I ordered long time ago had finally arrived!!!! On 24th October, 2013, this Thursday!!!

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww



Anyway, happy that it is now in my hands. ~~~~~~ wow. Limited edition~. It was officially on sale this... Wednesday. ^^ I chose the express mail, so.. that was why I got it in such a small amount of time. 

This time, the album include a dvd. ~~~ yeah~~~ But only for one pv. LOL...

The first day sales, according to oricon, was 327,985. wow~~ By the third day, it had reached 500,000++.

lol... Might be able to break their own record with 1,000,000 copies??? Hope so.~~~~~~~



Let's talk about the weather.

It sooo warm...>.< GOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I could just leave my shoes at home and wear slippers. ^^  Besides, I wore 'longer shorts' to school ~~~~~~~ Jeans are just too stuffy and thick. ~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D