I finally finished my first book of the year!!!!
Surpirsing?
Hell Yeah!!!!!!
Surprising to me too.
Another surprising thing is that, the book was a children book!
Hahaha...
But it's totally not a childish book. Nope. It's a kid's book I know but it's reallllly entertaining. I quickly got absorbed once I started a few pages of the book and the interest kept on till the last page of the book!!
That's kind of rare.
You see, I read books. Lots of them. Sure. But, I tend to leave them halfway. I seem to have lots of unfinished books laying around, with bookmarks poking out.
I'm so.... ... "unfaithful" to the books. = =
Anyway, finished the book!
How to train your dragon - How to twist a dragon's tale by Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III written by Cressida Cowell.
Yeah! I got interest in the book after I rewatch the movie. I didn't realize it was that good. The animations etc. I know it's not very age appropriate, but hey, I can read anything I want! I would just ignore the occasional weird looks people gave me when I browse at the kids' sections.
It's like Rise of the Guardians all over again!! I didn't read that book. But HTTYD peaked my interest. So, I went to the public library and look for it and I found this book.
This book is the 5th in the series. I think it's still ongoing? Anyway, I don't bother much about the chronological about it and just started reading.
I LOVED the pace of the story telling. It's not dragging and straight to the point! That really push the story towards a comfortable pace. I know this doesn't sound right, but since this is a children's book, it doesn't really need you to crack your brain or stuff to really get a gist. It's not that the book is easy or anything, it's really good! Excuse me for the continuous praising!
Hm... I don't like writing a review or book report of the book. Hehehe... One thing I want to say about the book is that, it may seems like a children book but towards the end of it, I felt that... the author wrote some really awesome stuffs. Although sometimes I find the viking language a bit weird but the author really wrote some very awesome characters. Take Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III for example, the protagonist of the series. He's portrayed as a small size boy and is acting a bit weird from what was expected from a viking. He's different to put it simple. The kids around him seemed not to like him and treated him ...well, kind of isolate him sometimes. That's normal in most books, what with the protagonist being different from others etc and then some adventures changed them or showed their values and stuffs. Well, what I admired about this character is the way the author wrote him. It may not seem obvious but once you get to think about it, Hiccup is really INTELLIGENT. I got that idea when I rewatched HTTYD. He can made things. And he used maps!!! Drew some maybe, for himself. He made artificial tail to let Toothless fly~ with the other stuffs to allow him to fly Toothless smoothly. Great stuffs
That's why I went and asked Boss to get it for me.............. I want the movie in HD. XDDD
okkkkkkkk... I think I said too much from what I've planned.
The next book I finished this year is paranormal investigation genre. Mature fiction. Totally different from the previous book.
Where Angels Fear to Tread written by Thomas E. Sniegoski.
It's the 3rd book in the series.
I like the angel side of the protagonist. But the human side repressing it down is great. I like the battling part of the story where an ancient God emerged after sucking power out from the child and had golden scaled body and horns. I didn't read about the size of the God or maybe I missed it but I imagined it to be quite huge. But maybe it's just normal human size, who knows. When the angel surfaced fully, I bet it's quite an AWESOME scene. Golden wings and such . Not going to say much about the book~
So now, I'm going for the first book of both series.
wish me luck in finishing them~
Surpirsing?
Hell Yeah!!!!!!
Surprising to me too.
Another surprising thing is that, the book was a children book!
Hahaha...
But it's totally not a childish book. Nope. It's a kid's book I know but it's reallllly entertaining. I quickly got absorbed once I started a few pages of the book and the interest kept on till the last page of the book!!
That's kind of rare.
You see, I read books. Lots of them. Sure. But, I tend to leave them halfway. I seem to have lots of unfinished books laying around, with bookmarks poking out.
I'm so.... ... "unfaithful" to the books. = =
Anyway, finished the book!
How to train your dragon - How to twist a dragon's tale by Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III written by Cressida Cowell.
Yeah! I got interest in the book after I rewatch the movie. I didn't realize it was that good. The animations etc. I know it's not very age appropriate, but hey, I can read anything I want! I would just ignore the occasional weird looks people gave me when I browse at the kids' sections.
It's like Rise of the Guardians all over again!! I didn't read that book. But HTTYD peaked my interest. So, I went to the public library and look for it and I found this book.
This book is the 5th in the series. I think it's still ongoing? Anyway, I don't bother much about the chronological about it and just started reading.
I LOVED the pace of the story telling. It's not dragging and straight to the point! That really push the story towards a comfortable pace. I know this doesn't sound right, but since this is a children's book, it doesn't really need you to crack your brain or stuff to really get a gist. It's not that the book is easy or anything, it's really good! Excuse me for the continuous praising!
Hm... I don't like writing a review or book report of the book. Hehehe... One thing I want to say about the book is that, it may seems like a children book but towards the end of it, I felt that... the author wrote some really awesome stuffs. Although sometimes I find the viking language a bit weird but the author really wrote some very awesome characters. Take Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III for example, the protagonist of the series. He's portrayed as a small size boy and is acting a bit weird from what was expected from a viking. He's different to put it simple. The kids around him seemed not to like him and treated him ...well, kind of isolate him sometimes. That's normal in most books, what with the protagonist being different from others etc and then some adventures changed them or showed their values and stuffs. Well, what I admired about this character is the way the author wrote him. It may not seem obvious but once you get to think about it, Hiccup is really INTELLIGENT. I got that idea when I rewatched HTTYD. He can made things. And he used maps!!! Drew some maybe, for himself. He made artificial tail to let Toothless fly~ with the other stuffs to allow him to fly Toothless smoothly. Great stuffs
That's why I went and asked Boss to get it for me.............. I want the movie in HD. XDDD
okkkkkkkk... I think I said too much from what I've planned.
The next book I finished this year is paranormal investigation genre. Mature fiction. Totally different from the previous book.
Where Angels Fear to Tread written by Thomas E. Sniegoski.
It's the 3rd book in the series.
I like the angel side of the protagonist. But the human side repressing it down is great. I like the battling part of the story where an ancient God emerged after sucking power out from the child and had golden scaled body and horns. I didn't read about the size of the God or maybe I missed it but I imagined it to be quite huge. But maybe it's just normal human size, who knows. When the angel surfaced fully, I bet it's quite an AWESOME scene. Golden wings and such . Not going to say much about the book~
So now, I'm going for the first book of both series.
wish me luck in finishing them~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D