Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

444 - Two wonderful movies

Hello everybody

Well, lots of things happened after my last post. Lots. I'm not recounting the things happened unless I feel like to.

Anyway. I am back in New Zealand. We are on our own, again. Yay. I can watch movies anytime I want, any times I want. Yay Yay.

Like recently, I have watched a few times of Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One.

From Joblo.com


For Fantastic Beasts I first watched it in IMAX 3D in TGV!! Woohoo, My first IMAX. But it is in 3D. The movie is suitable for 3D, but I would also prefer to be able to watch it in 3D IMAX. Besides 3D sometimes makes me headache.

The movie is beautiful. I am so glad to be back into J.K.'s wizarding world again. Not until I see it, I realised I missed it. This movie is all around a more mature, adult movie. The cast is good too!! Eddie's Newt is sooo lovable. Really loves his interactions with his creatures. He love them so damn much. He takes care of them, he nurtures them, he protects them.

And my favourite line from Newt:

Mum's here.

Awwww...... that's soooo sweet, and heartwarming at the same time. Love those scenes.

The movie has layers, as like other Potter movies. This time round, J.K. wrote the script. How wonderful is that?! And I bought the book also. And read it in 2 days time. I was dragging it, but still finish it in just 2 days. Lol. The book is just too thin. And like the subtitle said, every line in the book is heard on screen. HAHAHA. I watched the movie first, and when I read the book, the feeling I got from it, is a liiiitttle bit different, because my interpretation of it is a bit different from the film makers I think. Oh, maybe I just got a deeper understanding of the characters via the books and so forth see the characters in different light. Besides, some reactions in the film happens so fast, and I am so glad to have the book, I could literally read about every reaction.

Newts interactions with everybody, with every creature are the highlights of the film for me. And also, the wonderful cast. Every character is wonderful in its on way. Credence's story arc is dark. That makes the whole story deep and grounded, in a way. I don't think I make much sense.

Love the movie!! Yes Yes.

Up to date, I have watched the movie 5 times.


The other one is Rogue One : A Star Wars Story.

From Joblo.com



Damn!! I didn't expect I would like this movie so damn much! Love everyone in it! The diverse cast!! And this is hella more emotional than I expected.

Jyn is so damn cool and badass. Geez. I'm really using this word now, huh? She's like, what, no chill? That's what people says nowadays?? For me, she's like no talk, move out of the way, sometimes. Because she's fed up of everything. She doesn't care anymore. Over the story, we could feel the changes in her. She fight for the rebels in the end, for the greater good, not just for herself anymore. That is always aspiring to watch in a character's arc.

Cassian. Aww Cassian. He is just into too deep. His expressions during his first few scenes really gave me chills and felt sympathy for him. He is wary. And when Chirrut said that Captain carried his prison everywhere he goes, BAM! That's the wording! He is so guarded around everyone and his attention span on a person is short, he is continuously thinking of other things. His commitment on the mission is so strong. But then Jyn came along and like Diego Luna said, he sees his mirror image in her, and started to kind of gravitated around her, sometimes. He is literally going back and pull her out of harms way. He put his trust on her quite straightforward. And his tad bit surprise face and when Jyn whack down stormtroopers. XD

K-2SO. This sassy droid. Hahaha. A delight. Its deadpan voice added the humor in his sarcastic remarks. And he is so loyal to Cassian. Like I don't want to do this but Cassian said I have to etc.

Chirrut & Baze and Bodhi are really good characters. I just hoped they have a standalone movie for their backstories. Really, how did an Imperial pilot defacted? Hm?? The emotional journey he has been through? And his obvious fear in Saw Gerrera's breather, has he met Darth Vader???????

And Cassian also deserve one too. He has been fighting since he was 6, that's heavy. And he is not proud of all the things he had done in the name of Rebellion.

Come on, give us all their backstories.


I think I left this at a weird place, and I can;t seem to connect to my original thinking train. XDD


Anyway, I enjoyed Rogue One so very much. Whether it is a better movie, I am not good at analyzing so I will just leave it like that. For all I understand, I like it way more than TFA.

I need to get my hands on the novelisation. My tracking said I would be receiving it around 17th of January, oh dear... why the long wait.  But it is cheaper, so,,,,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D