Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

443 - Mid-Autumn and fast reading

Happy Belated Mid-Autumn Day everyone!

That sounds weird.

Let's try it again.


中秋节快乐!!


That sounds better.



This year, we had dinner at our house. :) Well, we have been eating at our house for a few times now since Sis and I were back in town.

Anyway, the kids wanted Jap curry the previous dinner but I was not the one cooking :P. So this time round, I took the initiative to cook it for them.

Bought the beef and ingredients a day ago and boy did they cost me some. It's fresh beef... because! The frozen ones look really awful in the fridges... No price tags too!

blah blah blah

beefy meat. Cost me quite a lot.


While cooking, brother kept coming into the kitchen to look at the progress XDD Oh my. He's keen of the curry. He had been talking about it since morning. He did pester me about wanting to eat curry since... some time ago. Said that he hadn't eaten before etc etc. I don't think that's true. I did cook it once during one of the dinners, and I highly doubt that he wasn't there. Uncle wouldn't let him miss any of family dinners.

After cooking, I took a shower and together with sis and bro went down to fetch Grandmother. Initially I wasn't responsible for that... meh.

By the time we came back, auntie and cousins had arrived, bringing a bowl of FRUITS. Interesting. Grandmother had brought along butter prawns, soup and salad. Hmmm.... OK.

At around 8:15pm, Uncle and Auntie had arrived, running late from a meeting. They brought chicken wing and roast half duck. OK. That's it. So my curry and ended up became a main. HAHAHAHAHA.



Everything was sparkling clean at the end. Lol. And I thought my curry was too much. XD We even cooked the rice twice!

After dinner, we, the kids, continued on with BVS. And you know what, we didn't even get to finish it before it was time for them to leave. OHMYGOD. That was the second time already. Still couldn't finish. It's at the climax! Supes had pushed Doomsday into the space and nukes had reached them. And then PAUSE. Lol

I had the urged to continue on, but then, I would have to fast forward to this specific scene when they are here again the next time. Nah.. I don't want to do that.

A nice evening overall. Pity that youngest cousin was not here with us. She's having dinner with her grandparents.


Moving on....

I finished The Son of Neptune this ....midnight! Yippee!! As stated, I read everything in a wind. Couldn't stop myself.


#2 The Son of Neptune

I love the colour palette of the cover!!

As the book title suggested, this book is about Neptune's children. Yessss. Not child.

My Rome history is not that good. I didn't know that the Romes are afraid of Neptune, the sea God.

The book started off with Percy on the run from two ugly gorgon sisters. He had slept for a long time and woke up with no memories, except his name and the name Annabeth. And Lupa the she-wolf was there with him when he woke up. We learnt in the previous book that Lupa is sort of the couterpart of Chiron, but for Romans. Anyway, Percy trained under Lupa for some time before he was sent to Camp Jupiter.

He knows that he's more calm and powerful around the sea and so on. And he knows how to handle his sword. He found out that the entrance to the camp is tunnel guarded by the campers in Roman battle armour, Frank and Hazel. For some reasons, he had to carry this old lady, Hera in disguise, into the camp, whose weight increased rapidly when he got nearer to the camp. Hazel unable to hold off the gorgons for long and came crashing after Percy and Frank towards the camp.

Ok. Stop there for a while. From what Percy had described about Camp Jupiter, it could easily be mistaken for a highly functional city. I mean, it could be a city, but the population didnt meet the requirements I suppose. With mountains, polished Roman buildings, roads, barracks, fields, temples, and a freaking CITY about a few miles away from the tunnel end.

And then Percy went on Demigod mode and squash the gorgons to dust, using the river.

Everyone in camp regarded Percy wearily. Because as a matter of fact, the Romans hated and are afraid of Neptune and everything related to him. Percy learnt that hard on when he reach his father's suppose temple.

Everything in Camp Jupiter is well discipline. The don't have cabins but cohorts. And everybody in a cohort mingled with each other, nevermind who their parents or ancestors were. Oh ya, different from Camp Half-Blood, not all campers are a child of the gods. Some were grandchildren or further generations. The Demigods lived on in this place, so there's a City in the camp.

And Hazel had explained to Percy, all the campers lived together, instead of being separated by their godly parents. Lol. Camp Half-Blood seems cruel now.

Anyway, they went on a quest to free Death from the Giant, who is born as the bane of Neptune. Along the story, we learnt that Hazel was in fact not a person from this era but way back and Frank was from a family of a special gift, bestowed by the god Neptune. And yep, Frank could be considered the children of Neptune, not directly but related.

Frank's life is literally on a short stick. I mean, when the stick burnt off, he would be dead. He really likes his arrows and quiver and hoped that Apollo would claimed him. But instead, Mars came do Camp Jupiter and claimed him right in front of all the campers. Surprisingly, he didn't really portrayed much of his father's tempers, as Percy observe. Maybe Mars is more of a calm person than Ares.

Hazel on the other hand, is a daughter of Pluto, Nico's half sister. Awwww. Nico apparently is an ambassador of Pluto in the camp. XD He comes and goes as he wishes. While looking for Bianca's soul in Hades, he stumbled across Hazel, who was just sitting there contemplating about her life. Nico brought her back to life and sent her to Camp Jupiter. Pluto is the god of hell and riches. Hazel inherited the riches part from her father. She could summon any form of precious things from anywhere, and she could also go anywhere when she's underground. She could pop up anywhere she wanted. Cool!

Percy regained his memories bits by bits. After he drank the gorgon blood, his memory started to return fully. I kind of like to see him fighting while he had not regain full memory. I mean, it's like he fought like a seasoned warrior but he didn't know how he could do that. Lol.

I especially like what Hazel had said about Percy, in compare with Jason, during his amnesia.

They had the same aura of quiet power, plus a kind of sadness, like they'd seen their destiny and knew it was only a matter of time before they met a monster they couldn't beat.

When Percy's memory was fully recovered, his sass and everything are to the max. XD You could literally see it in his speech. Or I am just imagining things.

Love the book!! Because there's Percy in it. :)

Next one, Annabeth and Argo II are coming!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D