As the title stated, I finished reading The Lost Hero, on Tuesday 7th of September. The first book of the Heroes of Olympus series. Yipeee :)
#1 The Lost Hero
This book introduced us to 3 new characters: one lost demigod and two new heroes. Jason, Piper and Leo.
The Last Olympian has included the first chapter of this book as a bonus, so I kinda just glance through the first chapter and straight to the second chapter.
Ok. So, Jason is the son of...Lord of the Sky, but for some reason, he referred his Father as Jupiter, Zeus's Roman form. And the terms he used were of Romans. e.g. faun (satyr in Greek). That got everyone confused and weird out when the trio reached Camp Half-Blood. But Chiron was tad bit shocked to see him, saying that he should be dead.
At first I thought, okay, maybe Jason was like, I don't know, a Jason that lived many, many years ago, and then somehow stopped in time and magically reappeared again (see Nico and Bianca's story). But later on, it was revealed that he was in fact born at the current time, and the presumed dead brother to Thalia. Wow. That's interesting.
I'm not going into the plot line, you should just read the book. Anyway, I find Jason's way of handling his sword so damn cooooooool. I mean, he flipped his coin and grabbed a sword out of it. I forgot what the other side of the coin came out with, a spear? Along the story, you could actually see how well he handled himself in battles. I am lost of words in how to describe the way he moves in battles. Percy's a pen to Riptide, Jason's a coin to sword... Did it have a name?? I might have missed it.
And HE.CAN.FRICKIN.FLY. Thalia was shooooooooook when she learnt that. A big contrast on her dislikes of heights. I wonder whether Thalia could do that, flying and controlling the wind. Did she ever summon lightning before? Can't remember...
I like Thalia's Hunter wardrobe. Silvery. All of the Hunters make me think of Elves from Middle Earth. Light travelers.
I didn't really like Piper in the beginning of the story. I mean, I normally don't read stories in a girl's POV. Initially, reading Piper's chapters is a bit hard for me. Well, it is just the way it is FOR ME. Don't judge. I didn't say that it is not good, it is just not for me, OK?
Anyway, towards the end, her character growth is there to be seen, and her confidence started to build up, that's where her character turned interesting. Confident Piper is the best Piper.
And Leo, all he wants is a place to feel at home. Poor boy. and he found a connection with the bronze dragon. :)
Anyway, the book ended with a lead to where Percy might be. And as you could tell, Percy didn't appear in this book. XD But his presence is a ever there. LOL. Because of mentions, because of photos.
In the next book, Annabeth's Seaweed Brain PERCY IS BACK.
I bought the next two books on Wednesday, after watching Mechanic in MBO. Just to make it reach RM50 to get a chance to win the Grand Prize, a proton Suprima S. I just want a car that's fuel efficiency. RAV 4 is too... much.
Mechanic: Resurrection was all right. Not so much on the story plot, but Bishop is good. I like to see him planned his kill. His sketches!!! I want that notebook!! Sketches are beautiful! And since the first target is in Malaysia, I find myself lucky to be watching it here in Kuching. :) Well, it's always funny to hear a bit of Malay and see exchange of Malaysian ringgits as a change to American places and money. I mean, they even used Malaysian prison. I don't know whether it's real or not, but still, it's refreshing to see different prisons.
And Mr.Bishop's agility. Man, he swam here and there. LOL. And he travels light. Not much pockets for stuffs. Just a gun or two, and silencer. Overall it is all right. Not high rating, but I enjoyed the fightings. XD
Mother's 观察日记
hmm... Mother's back pain is going on and off. And recently, it is happening at unexpected time. Well, at least she has longer time of not having the pains after taking stronger doses, and there's no more headaches. That makes her appetite better.
Stay well everyone. If there's in fact a one, reading this.
:)
#1 The Lost Hero
This book introduced us to 3 new characters: one lost demigod and two new heroes. Jason, Piper and Leo.
The Last Olympian has included the first chapter of this book as a bonus, so I kinda just glance through the first chapter and straight to the second chapter.
Ok. So, Jason is the son of...Lord of the Sky, but for some reason, he referred his Father as Jupiter, Zeus's Roman form. And the terms he used were of Romans. e.g. faun (satyr in Greek). That got everyone confused and weird out when the trio reached Camp Half-Blood. But Chiron was tad bit shocked to see him, saying that he should be dead.
At first I thought, okay, maybe Jason was like, I don't know, a Jason that lived many, many years ago, and then somehow stopped in time and magically reappeared again (see Nico and Bianca's story). But later on, it was revealed that he was in fact born at the current time, and the presumed dead brother to Thalia. Wow. That's interesting.
I'm not going into the plot line, you should just read the book. Anyway, I find Jason's way of handling his sword so damn cooooooool. I mean, he flipped his coin and grabbed a sword out of it. I forgot what the other side of the coin came out with, a spear? Along the story, you could actually see how well he handled himself in battles. I am lost of words in how to describe the way he moves in battles. Percy's a pen to Riptide, Jason's a coin to sword... Did it have a name?? I might have missed it.
And HE.CAN.FRICKIN.FLY. Thalia was shooooooooook when she learnt that. A big contrast on her dislikes of heights. I wonder whether Thalia could do that, flying and controlling the wind. Did she ever summon lightning before? Can't remember...
I like Thalia's Hunter wardrobe. Silvery. All of the Hunters make me think of Elves from Middle Earth. Light travelers.
I didn't really like Piper in the beginning of the story. I mean, I normally don't read stories in a girl's POV. Initially, reading Piper's chapters is a bit hard for me. Well, it is just the way it is FOR ME. Don't judge. I didn't say that it is not good, it is just not for me, OK?
Anyway, towards the end, her character growth is there to be seen, and her confidence started to build up, that's where her character turned interesting. Confident Piper is the best Piper.
And Leo, all he wants is a place to feel at home. Poor boy. and he found a connection with the bronze dragon. :)
Anyway, the book ended with a lead to where Percy might be. And as you could tell, Percy didn't appear in this book. XD But his presence is a ever there. LOL. Because of mentions, because of photos.
In the next book, Annabeth's Seaweed Brain PERCY IS BACK.
I bought the next two books on Wednesday, after watching Mechanic in MBO. Just to make it reach RM50 to get a chance to win the Grand Prize, a proton Suprima S. I just want a car that's fuel efficiency. RAV 4 is too... much.
Mechanic: Resurrection was all right. Not so much on the story plot, but Bishop is good. I like to see him planned his kill. His sketches!!! I want that notebook!! Sketches are beautiful! And since the first target is in Malaysia, I find myself lucky to be watching it here in Kuching. :) Well, it's always funny to hear a bit of Malay and see exchange of Malaysian ringgits as a change to American places and money. I mean, they even used Malaysian prison. I don't know whether it's real or not, but still, it's refreshing to see different prisons.
And Mr.Bishop's agility. Man, he swam here and there. LOL. And he travels light. Not much pockets for stuffs. Just a gun or two, and silencer. Overall it is all right. Not high rating, but I enjoyed the fightings. XD
Mother's 观察日记
hmm... Mother's back pain is going on and off. And recently, it is happening at unexpected time. Well, at least she has longer time of not having the pains after taking stronger doses, and there's no more headaches. That makes her appetite better.
Stay well everyone. If there's in fact a one, reading this.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D