Pages

Friday, September 02, 2016

440 - some books I read recently

Hullo there.

Anyway, I just want to update about the books I read, recently. There are a few....

I have been into Percy Jackson series lately. I started with The Lightning Thief somewhere mid-year last year. And then hit on full throttle just recently.


Percy Jackson books are written by Rick Riordan.





#4 Percy Jackson and The Battle of The Labyrinth

In this book, we started to see Nico's power developed. You know, rising the dead is a big deal, no matter what situation you are, or when. I find it both eerie and exciting to see a kid this small performed that, the same as I first saw/read Percy went on demi-god mode.

I like the maze, kinda. You wouldn't know who or what you might run into (that's the whole point of a maze, duh). The automatons are so cool!!! I kept picturing them as golden robots walking around...

...I should be doing this right after I finished book, not days and books later.


#5 Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian

The last book of the series. I kinda dreaded it, because it is the last, but continued on anyway. I just lovveee Percy's narrative view. I will practically read anything as long as it's in  Percy's narration and written by Rick the author himself.

Ok, back to the book. Hmmm... Oh ya, the battle got into the climax stage. I mean, they are going along with the prophecy. Fighting, plotting, and stuffs. And man the Titans are strong!!! And the Hope in the box thing.

Centaurs in Percy's worlds are crazy, most of them. I realised that once again. XD Partying, partying and partying.

Arrgh.... I really should have done this days ago!!! I can't even formed accurate facts from the book right now!!! Geez... what memory I have. Goldfish.


Percy Jackson and The Greek Gods

This is interesting! I didn't realise until yesterday that the book was published after the Heroes of Olympus saga. Yet I read it before starting that series. Urgh.

Anyway, this book tells the stories of the 12 Greek Gods, in Percy's view. Yay! Personally, like Percy, I really think Poseidon's a cool guy. Hahaha... I find it living in the sea kind of cool. I mean, the whole domain is practically his. Zeus, living in the Sky, has to like share the space with the other Gods, even if they are not there 24/7. But Poseidon has his own ... world-like domain. It's different when you are in the Sky than in the Sea. .. Hades is the same too! In fact, Hades is so much different!

Next would be Hephaestus, the Greek God of blacksmiths, craftsmen etc. He has the means to stay cool, and people can't just go and mess with him and leave unharmed. Despite all this, he rather tend to his works than go around starting a war with any of the gods. He can be mean if wants to.

That's that.


The Demigod Files

My copy is a film-tied in edition, meaning Logan Lerman is on the cover. It includes small size posters of Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Hades and Zeus. I wonder where the hell is POSEIDON.

Inside included a map of Camp Half-Blood and three short stories. Anyway, I just don't want to miss anything with Percy in it.
  • Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot
  • Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon
  • Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades
Spoilers! Not much. Just skip it if you are planning to read it, I just don't want to ruin the fun, though it's not much.

Anyway, Stolen Chariot is centered around the Children of Ares. It shows the relationship between a Demigod child of Ares and the Immortal children of Ares. The brothers Phobos and Deimos (fear and terror) chariot-jacked Clarrise while she was taking their Father's chariot for a ride. ...

Bronze Dragon is centered around Beckendorf, demigod sired by Hephaestus. While playing capturing the flag, Percy and Beckendorf accidentally came across some huge ants moving bronze dragon body parts into their ant nest. Beckendorf realised that it was the legendary dragon that the Hephaestus cabin built to guard the Camp many, many years ago. ...

Sword of Hades, surprise, is about things happening down under. This time the children of the big three teamed up to find this sword which happened to be a dangerous weapon that could wield the dead to rise. ...

I like the Hades story. Well, actually I like to see the interactions going on between the 3. It is tad bit different from the way they interact outside the three of them. That's just my opinion anyway.





James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

I watched the film adaptation when I was just a small......... when I was young. I couldn't really remember how old I was, but I still vaguely remember how I felt towards the film.

I couldn't recall much, I didn't know what it was but I do now. It has a stop-motion animation! I mean, ya, initially it was live action, and then while Henry was crawling into the peach, he gradually changed into a stop-motion animation character! And suddenly everything in the peach has turned stop-mo animation and it is just normal. It's interesting that they used this changed to show that Henry had entered a peculiar place, and peculiar things were happening to him, like changing into clay.

I used to be afraid of the sea-monster lurking in the sea. It has huge scissor-sharp teeth in its circular month. And the peach was gonna dropped right in the middle of it. Something like that, or I am just making this up I can't remember. After I read the book, there's nothing like that(?). I remember the seagulls! I love that scene. And the rainbow-men. That's new to me. 

I tried to understand what Mr.Dahl is trying to convey in the story, but I just can't get my head around it. Maybe I need more time to think over it, OR, I am just overthinking it and it is just a story.


Yeah~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D