Hello everyone.
Happy New Year~
I am back in Kuching for the holidays. Yay.
I had Penang kueh tiaw, Cantonese fried noodles, cha kueh and teh bunga for dinner last night. It was quite late at night, still, lots people were eating. Hahaha. The difference from Christchurch.
And for today, we had chicken rice for lunch! GOOOOD. The only unfortunate thing about the lunch was that, they used a watery salty kicap, not the thick manis one. Oh well. Still happy to eat chicken rice as always.
Our Singapore trip was... not good.
First of all, at the start of our long international flight, our plane from Christchurch to Sydney was held on the runaway for about an hour, despite arriving early in Sydney. Our docking gate was still held up by the plane that was scheduled to leave in 20 minutes by then. But, 30 minutes crept by, the huge plane was still not moving. Captain said, they were still waiting for 10 passengers to board, so should take another 5-15 minutes. Ok... And then, those minutes passed by, still NOT MOVING. Apparently, they were still waiting for another 2 passengers to clear custom!! SO!! What's happening here???!! Another plane delayed or what?!!!
...
In the end, the airport arranged another docking gate for us. We reached there within minutes, and to wait for someone to connect the bridge for us. HAhahahaha.
Flight from Sydney to Singapore was alright. Slight delay though. And at the leg of the journey, I got motion sick. Threw up twice. By the second time, I was just heaving. There's nothing left in me anymore yet still heaving. Painful.
Touched down. Threw up again in the toilet. OMG.
Went through custom like a breeze. And then baggage claim. That was when I received the second bad news. My hotel booking had been cancelled by the hotel. 3 hour ago.
WHAT THE HELL
They said my reservation "has been cancelled as no updated credit card was received (current card provided has been declined)"
What the hell does that suppose to mean. They never happen before. I used this credit card to book all my Singapore reservations these few years, and yet you are the only one saying it has been declined by the provider. Huh. I fired back the message saying we just touched down and were on the way to the airport, and whether the room was still available.
They replied "as your reservation had been already been cancelled due to declined card, you have to find another accommodation."
THAT IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE.
WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO FIND A PROPER ACCOMMODATION AT 6:45PM IN SINGAPORE FOR THE NIGHT?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BUSY THIS TIME OF THE YEAR?!
I asked them why was it declined and told them they were not suppose to drop this on me at the last minute. I checked back my email. There, they emailed me like sometime an hour before their check in time saying that my card had been declined and to update the card details or to pay not to secure the place. And gave me four hours to do that. All those time I was on my long international flight, how was I suppose to know?!
Days before my trip, I kept checking to see if I could pay first to further secure the room, but nooo. There on the site state clearly, "pay on site", so I trusted that. Apparently I should not.
We ended up paying roughly the same place for a much worse room, but still glad to have a place to sleep for the night. We didn't even bother to grab food once we reached the room.
The room was sooo small. And only one double bed, and hard mattress too. Oh well.
Next day was much better.
We checked out early and went to the airport straight. When I said early I meant like 9:30am. Father texted saying his flight had delayed and was left stranded in the airport. Reached airport, dropped in our luggage for the flight in the evening and dropped our overnight handcarry at the baggage storage. Long queue. Father arrived from terminal 4 via shuttle while we were in the queue.
Oh ya. Jewel is big. Huge. The shops looked elegant. As yes, I firmly believed that I was in an Asian country because of all of the restaurants inside Jewel, instead of apparel shops and what not in malls like in Christchurch. The Apple shop is so wide and clear and simple. Random thought. There was a huge waterfall in the middle of the building. Another convenient thing I found, it more or less linked all the terminals together! Great!! Though the long walk.
We went straight to Bugis after that. The night's hunger had caught up apparently. hahaha. Went to the Japanese western restaurant sis and I had been last year. wanting to show Father the beautiful food. This time round, sis ordered something different. I still the same, omu rice and Father ordered something beef. Sis ordered seafood paella. Spanish dish. Taste nice!! I liked all the seafood in it.
OMG. Why is this in draft?!!! When is this suppose to post????????!!
I have no idea how to continue on, so might as well just posted it as it is.
Oh well. I will set the date to 6 February then, the day we arrived back here....
Happy New Year~
I am back in Kuching for the holidays. Yay.
I had Penang kueh tiaw, Cantonese fried noodles, cha kueh and teh bunga for dinner last night. It was quite late at night, still, lots people were eating. Hahaha. The difference from Christchurch.
And for today, we had chicken rice for lunch! GOOOOD. The only unfortunate thing about the lunch was that, they used a watery salty kicap, not the thick manis one. Oh well. Still happy to eat chicken rice as always.
Our Singapore trip was... not good.
First of all, at the start of our long international flight, our plane from Christchurch to Sydney was held on the runaway for about an hour, despite arriving early in Sydney. Our docking gate was still held up by the plane that was scheduled to leave in 20 minutes by then. But, 30 minutes crept by, the huge plane was still not moving. Captain said, they were still waiting for 10 passengers to board, so should take another 5-15 minutes. Ok... And then, those minutes passed by, still NOT MOVING. Apparently, they were still waiting for another 2 passengers to clear custom!! SO!! What's happening here???!! Another plane delayed or what?!!!
...
In the end, the airport arranged another docking gate for us. We reached there within minutes, and to wait for someone to connect the bridge for us. HAhahahaha.
Flight from Sydney to Singapore was alright. Slight delay though. And at the leg of the journey, I got motion sick. Threw up twice. By the second time, I was just heaving. There's nothing left in me anymore yet still heaving. Painful.
Touched down. Threw up again in the toilet. OMG.
Went through custom like a breeze. And then baggage claim. That was when I received the second bad news. My hotel booking had been cancelled by the hotel. 3 hour ago.
WHAT THE HELL
They said my reservation "has been cancelled as no updated credit card was received (current card provided has been declined)"
What the hell does that suppose to mean. They never happen before. I used this credit card to book all my Singapore reservations these few years, and yet you are the only one saying it has been declined by the provider. Huh. I fired back the message saying we just touched down and were on the way to the airport, and whether the room was still available.
They replied "as your reservation had been already been cancelled due to declined card, you have to find another accommodation."
THAT IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE.
WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO FIND A PROPER ACCOMMODATION AT 6:45PM IN SINGAPORE FOR THE NIGHT?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BUSY THIS TIME OF THE YEAR?!
I asked them why was it declined and told them they were not suppose to drop this on me at the last minute. I checked back my email. There, they emailed me like sometime an hour before their check in time saying that my card had been declined and to update the card details or to pay not to secure the place. And gave me four hours to do that. All those time I was on my long international flight, how was I suppose to know?!
Days before my trip, I kept checking to see if I could pay first to further secure the room, but nooo. There on the site state clearly, "pay on site", so I trusted that. Apparently I should not.
We ended up paying roughly the same place for a much worse room, but still glad to have a place to sleep for the night. We didn't even bother to grab food once we reached the room.
The room was sooo small. And only one double bed, and hard mattress too. Oh well.
Next day was much better.
We checked out early and went to the airport straight. When I said early I meant like 9:30am. Father texted saying his flight had delayed and was left stranded in the airport. Reached airport, dropped in our luggage for the flight in the evening and dropped our overnight handcarry at the baggage storage. Long queue. Father arrived from terminal 4 via shuttle while we were in the queue.
Oh ya. Jewel is big. Huge. The shops looked elegant. As yes, I firmly believed that I was in an Asian country because of all of the restaurants inside Jewel, instead of apparel shops and what not in malls like in Christchurch. The Apple shop is so wide and clear and simple. Random thought. There was a huge waterfall in the middle of the building. Another convenient thing I found, it more or less linked all the terminals together! Great!! Though the long walk.
We went straight to Bugis after that. The night's hunger had caught up apparently. hahaha. Went to the Japanese western restaurant sis and I had been last year. wanting to show Father the beautiful food. This time round, sis ordered something different. I still the same, omu rice and Father ordered something beef. Sis ordered seafood paella. Spanish dish. Taste nice!! I liked all the seafood in it.
OMG. Why is this in draft?!!! When is this suppose to post????????!!
I have no idea how to continue on, so might as well just posted it as it is.
Oh well. I will set the date to 6 February then, the day we arrived back here....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D