Oh dear... the previous update was in April. What did I say? I can't up hold my own promises to keep updating, at least once a month. ONCE A MONTH!! It's not that hard!!!!!!!
Ok, as usual, compiling the lists of books and movies I have seen this year so far.
From Goodreads, I had read 50 books so far. Woohoo! Including 4 mangas in it. If I really wanted to add in mangas into the list, it would be a way longer list, so, I will just exclude the mangas (picture books are counted), making it to 46 books this year. Yay! Much much more than the previous 2 years combined!
Ok, here goes the list of books, in reading order.
January
-
February
-
March
21st - Secret Hero Society #3: Detention of Doom by Derek Fridolfs
27th - The Faerie Wars Chronicles #2: The Purple Emperor by Herbie Brennan
30th - Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
April
03rd - Contender #1: The Chosen by Taran Matharu
05th - Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman ( I did not finish the book the in 2 days. This has been a long time reading of my, about a year????)
06th - The Faerie Wars Chronicles #3: Ruler of the Realm by Herbie Brennan
- Guardians of Magic by Chris Riddell
08th - The Faerie Wars Chronicles #4: Faerie Lord by Herbie Brennan
09th - The Faerie Wars Chronicles #5: The Faeman Quest by Herbie Brennan
10th - The Trials of Apollo #1: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan (again, I didn't read this book in a day, I read a few books at the same time and finishing them off consecutively)
16th - The Trials of Apollo #2: The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
May
06th - Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
17th - Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
25th - Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (long time reading this too)
27th - Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
28th - Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
June
01st - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
05th - The Lunar Chronicles #1: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
09th - The Lunar Chronicles #2: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
13th - The Lunar Chronicles #3: Cress by Marissa Meyer
15h - Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
26th - The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen
- The Lunar Chronicles #4: Winter by Marissa Meyer
30th - The Lunar Chronicles #4.5: Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
July
02nd - City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
10th - Shades of Magic #1: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
27th - The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
August
02nd - Henderbell by J.D. Netto
31st - Shades of Magic #2: A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
September
04th - Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
14th - Winternight Trilogy #1: The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
October
08th - Shades of Magic #3: A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
19th - Winternight Trilogy #2: The Girl in The Tower by Katherine Arden
20th - The Royal Rabbits of London #2: Escape From the Tower by Santa Montefiore, Simon Sebag Montefiore
26th - A Court of Miracles by Kester Grant
31st - Winternight Trilogy #3: The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden
November
09th - Sabriel by Garth Nix
20th - Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
24th - Lirael by Garth Nix
30th - The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
December
01st - The Fox and the Star by Coralie Bickford-Smith
03rd - The Green-Eyed Prince by Brittany Fichter
08th - The Great Library #1: Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
17th - Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
25th - The Blackstone Ritual by Swearinger Durham
What a looong list. So happy to read so many books this year! Mainly because of the COVID thing, I got the time to stay at home and read. Read. Read. From Goodreads, the shortest book I read was < The Fox and the Star> 80 pages, and the longest book was <Winter> with 824 pages. The difference!!
Anyway, I got to buy lots and lots of books. We started ordering bookcrates too. Lol. All the way from U.K. and U.S.. The shipping fees made me cried. Hahahaha!!
Very honorable mentions that were not in the list, I finished the whole Haikyuu!! manga this year!!! I got up to speed on time for the author to finish off the story this year!!! If you haven't read it, go try it!! Really, really good sports manga. If you find it difficult to jump straight to manga, try the anime first. Just the first 2 seasons are enough, and then try reading the manga. Yay! Another series I finished this year was Battle Rabbits. I reread it again.
I read the most number of books in April, 10 books? Lol. That was lockdown month I think? Or later? Anyway, this year, I finished off a few series/trilogies sort of. Faerie Wars Chronicles, Six of Crows, The Lunar Chronicles, Shades of Magic, and the Winternight Trilogy. I practically polished off The Lunar Chronicles in a month. Sis said I was reading too fast that I didn't enjoy the books fully. Well... maybe? But I just want to know what happen next!
There are a few surprise reads for me:
Six of Crows & Crooked Kingdom
Sis introduced me to this dulogy. These were high pace and no nonsense. Love it. Six main casts doing illegal high-stake stuffs. Yay. And the dynamic between the 6 of them.
Howl's Moving Castle & Castle in the Air
So different from the animation movies! They have more characters in the books! All told from one person pov.
The Lunar Chronicles
I never would have thought I would have like an East Asian character in an YA book so much. KAI!!!! KAI!!! And Cinder is a half? I think??? I'm not sure anymore, but KAI!!! EMPEROR KAITO!!!!
Winternight Trilogy
My favourite trilogy I've read this year, I think. Initially, it was not easy for me to "get into" the book. After a few chapters, I got the hang of how the author might want the flow of the story to go, I got slowly into it. And.I.Am.Not.Disappointed. This Russia folklore-theme story, I never thought I would have like it that much. Story started of with main character being a child, and gradually grew up to an adult throughout the story. It's painful to grow up, reminded me of the Httyd books. Really painful.
Sabriel
Ahhh!!! I like Sabriel!!! So much that I find it difficult to read the second book in the series, because it's not about her anymore. T.T And then I found out what happend, I lost interest in the 3rd book. >_>
Anything from V.E. Schwab
Shades of Magic, City of Ghosts and Addie LaRue. Read 5 books from her, City was for younger readers and felt so different from Shades, and Addie LaRue is a total different direction. The writings in Addie LaRue was so beautiful. Really.
Well then, those were for 2020.
Now onwards to 2021. How many books should I put in the Goodreads challenge? 25 books, I don't want to set the target to high or I will get intimidated. I have a few books I want to start on. My "Want to read" list in Goodreads is forever growing. XDDD It's 59 books now. Hahahaha!!!
So, I am aiming to finish The Great Library, The Trials of Apollo, Stalking Jack the Ripper (2 books left in my list!!), Gilded Wolves series/trilogies/duologies. And some other standalone books! Hope this would be another great year in reading for me. Wanted to enjoy it to the fullest! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D