Don't mind me if you don't know what I'm referring to.
Wow.. I didn't know that I could really speak that..word out, even more.. typed it out.. I must be really... frustrated then. Don't know what I mean? Refer to the previous post. It's just below this post.
So.. I'm here to throw up photos of what is currently going around in my house. Well, it's something like clearance. You see, since we (me and sis) have our destination fixed and so on, and mum has finally resigned from a work, she EAGERLY wanted to clear many things in the house. From tiny things like papers and pens to huge things like baggage and clothes. Also, she wanted to "renovate" the house. I'm tempted to say: " It's because you're too free that's why you want to throw everything away." That's more or less the truth anyway.
The store room, I mean, the ex-store room, which is now our study, has a wall of ..boxes. When I say 'wall', I really mean it. The boxes are stacked up high almost touching the ceiling, in 2 to 3 rows too. What's inside you wonder? Mostly are bags and books. Not fictions and novels, but textbooks and reference books and test papers. Tons. Bags, well, dad bought a few bags way back when he is younger and travelled a lot of business trips and company's tour trips. Some, he got from the office. He got them in...dozens.
Besides that wall of boxes, there's a small room just under the staircase filled with bigger boxes and... something else. It's in the study too by the way. What's in those boxes? Well, mum dug everything out and got the answers. There are old photos and trophies and more photos. Photos from our younger days, parents' wedding photos and portraits, dad's trophies and badges and clothes. haha.. Clothes. T-shirts to be exact. Dad got the whole box home from the office. So, it's like a whole box of t-shirts of the same design and same sizes. Really. The word "TOYOTA" was branded on the shirts by the way, or "UMW". Hahaha.. sometimes I wonder where did he really got those from.... He just took the box on the floor of the office and put it in the car??? That's... whatever. Mum pulled all the shirts from their individual plastic bags and left them under the sun to kill bugs or germ and dried off the stuffy odour. Next, she found a big box and packed them all in, without the plastic bags and sealed up. She then phoned uncle (Church's priest) and saying that she wanted to send the whole box over to those in need of clothes. That's fast. haha.. Dad couldn't really say much about it.
As for the photos, dad put them in boxes when we just moved in some 17 years ago and stuffed them all into the corner of the small room under the staircase. The small room, dark and sometimes cool, destroyed the boxes. .. Bugs and somewhat insects devoured the sides of the boxes and most photos were eaten. When I looked at the boxes, all I could think about is: DISGUSTING. Really. The sides of the boxes were filled with holes and some were felling off and... please just stop this train of memories.
Moving on. Mum loved those photos so much. Not their wedding photos but photos of me and sis when we were around 1 to 5 years old. She and dad cut the photos. For example, a piece of photo is around 3 to 4R, right? The sides were eaten so they cut those part and leave only the centre part which content us, the important part. By the end of the day, there's a lot of photos in odd shapes. As for their wedding photos, they were left untouched by the bugs. But for their photos during their Brigade times, I think mum threw it away without any hesitation. Dad was speechless. He got home early from work that day and was kinda shock to see so many things piling up in the car porch. He said he got the feeling mum was doing "this" so he came back early. Luckily he did though, for mum was going to throw away tons of his things. LoL
Next, it's our (me and sis) things. Well, our things mostly consist of books and books and books. And DVDs, mum didn't know where we kept the DVDs though, not in those huge boxes.
She pulled out boxes of magazines and reference books. Magazines were stacked neatly in boxes. I couldn't really let them go so I got sis taking them out one by one and see which cover to tear up and keep. I kept all those posters that come with the magazines too! After that, she put them back neatly into the box and sealed up and ready to sell it to the recycle centre. That's depressing. All my money and years of collection gone to recycle.
And for today, I dragged out SPM textbooks and reference books. Wow. I didn't know that there were so many of them!!!! I got most of them from cousin and bought some. School wanted us to buy some too. So... that's really.. a lot. And most, I didn't even really read it. They were just there for... decoration. So, off they go to someone else's hands. I hope the person ...use them..nicely. Well, there were tons of trees sacrificed to make those heavy books you know. Besides SPM, mum found my old textbooks from Junior years!!! I loved Chinese's textbooks. aih~~~~~ Anyway, got excited to find those 6 textbooks and directly ignored the English and Sejarah textbooks. But.... although how much I liked or loved them, I couldn't keep them, anymore. Mum also think that it's a waste to sell it to the recycle centre and my young cousin couldn't use it too. So, all of them goes to the Salvation Army. Yeah. You heard me right, Salvation Army. We went there the previous week to drop off a few bags of things and are planning to go there again, dropping more things.
I packed most of my test papers and reference books and text books up for my young cousin. I know there's a few more years to go for him to really need them, but still, the more the better right? Although he might really not need it anymore, since the syllabus might change and stuff. Well, I just hoped with those papers, they might help him at least a tiny bit. Or help my other mum to understand more about the way the questions are appearing in exams in one middle. I'm giving him the test papers with the files by the way. I don't think my other mum or cousin will really packed them up NEATLY. They will just..stuff anything when there's space. .....I'll need to find a day to go their house and stack the books and named the boxes of books for them. My other dad doesn't really want to care about their way of keeping things anymore. He got tired of repeating the same thing. LoL. Like mother like son, he gave up. Hahaha..
Back to our house. After clearing the boxes, mum is going to roam through the kitchen. Duh.. She wants to throw away utensils too. .. Anyway, sis's Prom Night this evening. So, we went to the saloon to had her hair done up. Well, the result is, she's not satisfied with it. She doesn't want the whole thing up that way and the hair in front was all pulled up. Hm.. that looks weird. I prefer the hair combed sideways. Whatever la. After all she had it done and now she's in the school hall now anyway. Her friends came to pick us up instead of us sending her there. Why didn't I think of something like that last year? That way I wouldn't have felt awkward walking down from the car.....
She's wearing black..dress, black (half transparent) stoking and black heels. The heels are much higher than mine. The point of course is much sharper than mine. So, we both wear our own shoes, I doubt I'll be as tall as she.
OK.. now, the photos.
Nothing much. :D
![]() |
| dad's trophies... badminton, soccer, tennis,.....won all during the sports event held by BB and his company |
![]() |
| photo albums.... |
![]() |
| photo albums |
![]() |
| the fate of those trophies..and albums |
![]() |
| my textbooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
![]() |
| I'm keeping these~ |
![]() |
| see those comic magazines???......my collection... |
![]() |
| another box of comic magazines.. |
well, at first I wanna typed this post in Chinese, but then, when I started typing, I forgot all about it. Halfway though, I remember about it but, don't wanna to change it. :D
LOVE LIFE








Wow Bel!! leaving so fast O.O and with ur mom and dad too? Migrating? O.O
ReplyDeleteleaving in February. School starts in the middle of February. = = Yup. Parents are going too~ Not migrating la. = = living cost can't tahan.
ReplyDeletewow! Good luck bel!!! >"<
ReplyDelete