Well, a few of you may have known, my house is kinda undergoing renovation right now. "Renovation" might not be the right word but I can't seem to find the right words currently. So... not BIG renovation, but some few changes going on. Changing the windows, knocking down the glass block, knocking down the wall of a small room... Well, that's all. The exterior might look the same but not the interior. Haha... I was kind of wondering, since we kids are leaving, why did mum choose this time to renovate the house? = = It costs quite an amount you know..
This will going to be a boring post as there will be no photos at all. Skip the post if you want to. You see, I can't switch on the computer since it's in the study and one of the wall in the study is knocked off... I'm using Father's laptop now by the way. So.. no photos. Besides, the camera is with Father and Father is in China right now. Ya right. China. At this time.
So. Yesterday marked the first day of renovation. Today's the second day. For the first day, they knocked down the wall in the study. Mum had our (me & sis) bookshelves covered with daylight curtains and the tables are covered with heavy curtains. LOL. Father unhooked the curtains the day before he departed. As a result, the living room are bright in the day. Sun rays drift in easily. For the living rooms, the sofas and chairs are cuddled together under heavy curtains. I kind of wonder where did so many curtains popped out suddenly...The living room end up spacious and bright. ~ ~ ~
Geez.. I really wish that I could use the computer right now. That will make things a lot easier to explain, with photos of course. You see I could go on all day and you can't understand a thing what I'm talking about without them. Depressing.
Anyway, remember the small room in the study I talked about in the previous posts?? The one where mum dragged out boxes of photos and some disgusting boxes. Yup. That small room under the staircase. As I said, it's connected to the study. In fact, it's IN the study. The small room has a slanted ceiling since it's right under the staircase. Oh ya.. it's something like Harry Potter's room under the staircase.:D
About that room, we had the wall separating the study and the small room knocked down. ^^ I don't really get what Mother wanted to do but I understand that there's some wood work in it in the future? Oh well, I'll just need to wait and see.
That's the first day. ^^
Since the work take place in the study and the living room, all we could be in the house is in the kitchen and the dining room. Luckily the places are linked together. With aircond too. Thank God. Or else we might as well stuck up in the master bedroom all day. Not our (me & sis) room though, since we are knocking down the windows in the that room too. It's kinda weird to see the room empty and bright.
We pushed our beds into the master bedroom. And to tell you the truth, it's so much quieter and dark in the night!! Quieter because it's deeper into the house and further from the construction site. Darker because, there's no lights coming from the houses at the back and from the construction site in front. Dark and quiet and cold ! = = Anyway, cozy too. LoL.
In the day, while the workers are doing their job, all we could do is squeeze in the kitchen-dinning room. Mother continued on with putting the photos into the albums, I do whatever comes to mind, and sis... I don't know what she's doing most of the time. Reading I suppose. Furthermore, you can't really do anything requiring high concentration. The workers, apparently, are not quiet people. They talk. Ya. To themselves, outside. Also, the scraping of the cements, the knockings and so on and on. This last 2 days, I awoke to the the knocking noise. Geez.. Every knock seems to shudder all the walls of the house. Shaking. = = The sounds are irritating too. The last 2 days I woke at around 9 something in the morning and dazed. I wonder how did sis sleep on with those noise going on.....>_>
So.. 2nd day. They knocked the wall beside the door in the living room. The wall which has sliding window panels and drills... ..although all the windows in my house are secured with drills.. = = whatever.
Not the whole down, mind you. Just a few long ..rectangle holes. Mother wanted to put glass in it, to make them into windows. Get the picture? Oh well, you just have to understand it. Or you wait patiently until it's all done, and I post those pictures up here. Before that though, will posts some pictures of everyday's progress. I mean, the walls..
LOVE LIFE
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D