... I failed my own promised. = =
I really should have updated the blog yesterday since there's quite a few things going on in my mind and I should have better written them down. Now, after one night sleep, my mind is kinda blank. O.O
Let me recall....
From the start of the day...
9am, BIOL271 tutorial. Tutorial, that word bring's chill down my spine. = = I don't like tutorials. Why? Because, it means a small number of people doing group discussion of a topic in a small confine room or something. I'm really weak at this. I rarely talk to strangers and discussing topics with them is a VERY HUGE STEP. Besides, maybe this is my own negative thinking, I felt... inferior. hm... I'm a foreigner. A foreigner from Asian countries. I know I shouldn't have felt that way and there's no reason for me to feel so... but that's not the case. Although I'm on the same level as them (academicly...?), I can't speak out at all. ....hm... Why so? It's like I'm really scare. Really scare. I'm the type to get really nervous in front of people. I remembered clearly during Senior 3, I got so nervous that I nearly stopped talking completely in front of the class during my BM oral exercise. = = I was twisting my hands behind my back. .... Bad memories.....
Also, I find it difficult to tell somebody some interesting episodes happened in my day. Even if I'm telling it to my sister. It's frustrating that I can't get my message or excitement across. So I was thinking, maybe I should start by telling my sister stories? I mean, I read something first, and then tell her in my own words... That might help in my explanation to others, right????
Back to my tutorial. I'm the only Asian in my group. And the whole group felt like.. . "Even if I said I don't really get the essay but I could still answer the questions." ... How should I follow up to that. When I said I don't understand that means I really don't understand. ...And once again, this is my own thoughts, I'm relatively very small.... ...erm... Skip this topic.
Since 2 years ago, how I wish I could be grouped together with other Asians. At least, maybe, I would dare to talk out cause I feel that we are on the same level...maybe. ...aih...
Actually, this group discussion thingy for this course is new. The lecturers/course coordinators introduced this learning system this year and "used" us as the white mouse for this. You see, they wanted to see if the students learn more from the Traditional Teaching method or the group discussion method. And of course, I voted for the first method in my head. To me, learning and thinking is a personal thing. It's something that going in my head and it felt kinda...private. Maybe I don't mind sharing....and maybe I do mind...
I don't know... When discussed, it felt like ...people could roughly examined where your thinking or learning or revision is... And I really don't like that. Maybe I'm a bit too self conscious and really nervous and stressed out about what people think of me. I'm afraid of people thinking negatively of me... I rather they have no thoughts about me to negative thoughts... That's selfish, I know....
Skipped the details about the tutorial...
I had Personality lecture next. ^^ Love this lecture. It's much more interesting than Cognitive's lectures. =v= I don't know...For me, I could understand Personality lectures more than Cognitive's. Cognitive is a bit difficult. lol... I'm not hardworking enough to understand it. :p
Anyway, the lecturer came late today. Around 20 minutes late?? Students left during the first 15 minutes. lol. The others sat back and wait. I wait too~
Next is laboratory. I like this lab too ^^ This course's lab is fun actually. Maybe because it's not a core course, it's much more relax and that bit easier. =w= That's why I like it. Not much pressure at all. Maybe during the test though. XD
We looked at our pulses and heartbeats. I tried my pulse first and discovered that we needed to adjust the ranges till small levels to see changes on the chart. = = My lecturer commented that I have no pulse. lol. I did expected that...He said I'm the type that have cold hands and legs and pulses that are hard to detect. ...hm.. .. my hands are cold... legs are cold too sometimes... Oh well, we used my lab partner's pulses in the end.
We wrapped the transducer on her middle finger and a transducer belt around her waist. Next, we do some breathing exercise. Inhale, hold ; Inhale, expel; Expel, hold....we recorded her pulses and heart rates for each of the conditions and answers some questions.
The next exercise, me and my partner switched. This time, instead of using belts to wrap around finger and waist, we used big clippers to measure pulses and heart beats...I think. er... No no no. We do ECG. Electrocardiogram. It's used to see the heart exercises and detect and heart problems.
So, it started by measuring my normal pulses and heart beats. Then I get on the cycling thing and cycled for a few minutes with high frictions. My lecturer screwed it quite tight (means higher friction and need to put on more force to cycle) and it didn't help much with only one complete pedal. Another pedal was long spoiled so I could only pedal with that tiny metal. Painful la. By the time I stopped and came down from the thing, wow... dizzy la. Did I stop breathing while cycling ? = = We quickly measured my pulses and heart beats. Wow... Huge peaks. lol. It's interesting to see some differences in the readings. ~~~ Actually it's kind of interesting looking at the instruments that telling the condition of your heart beats. Really.
So... interesting lab. ^^ Fun.
After that, I went to the library to look for my sis. By then, it was already 5:20pm... Quite late. hm...
We went straight home then cause we had a dinner date with Auntie. ^^
I drove us to an Indian Restaurant - Kinara located just opposite the Hornby Hub.
We ordered 2 curries and that came with rice. It's $15 for each curry. Don't get tricked by the photos, actually they were just 2 small pots. But you can eat up to a few bowls or rice with just 1 small pot, since the flavour is so rich....
So, that's dinner....
After that, Auntie rented a dvd from a video store nearby and we spent the rest of our evening watching that particular movie. hm....
oh ya, before I forgot, let me introduce one of my 'housemate'.
He is totally different from my old 'housemate', Mimi the Cat. >.< This guy is soo....fluffy. It's Momo the Dog.
I think I will just end the post.... it's getting quite stuffy....and long.... with all those....words...
ciao~
I don't know... When discussed, it felt like ...people could roughly examined where your thinking or learning or revision is... And I really don't like that. Maybe I'm a bit too self conscious and really nervous and stressed out about what people think of me. I'm afraid of people thinking negatively of me... I rather they have no thoughts about me to negative thoughts... That's selfish, I know....
Skipped the details about the tutorial...
I had Personality lecture next. ^^ Love this lecture. It's much more interesting than Cognitive's lectures. =v= I don't know...For me, I could understand Personality lectures more than Cognitive's. Cognitive is a bit difficult. lol... I'm not hardworking enough to understand it. :p
Anyway, the lecturer came late today. Around 20 minutes late?? Students left during the first 15 minutes. lol. The others sat back and wait. I wait too~
Next is laboratory. I like this lab too ^^ This course's lab is fun actually. Maybe because it's not a core course, it's much more relax and that bit easier. =w= That's why I like it. Not much pressure at all. Maybe during the test though. XD
We looked at our pulses and heartbeats. I tried my pulse first and discovered that we needed to adjust the ranges till small levels to see changes on the chart. = = My lecturer commented that I have no pulse. lol. I did expected that...He said I'm the type that have cold hands and legs and pulses that are hard to detect. ...hm.. .. my hands are cold... legs are cold too sometimes... Oh well, we used my lab partner's pulses in the end.
We wrapped the transducer on her middle finger and a transducer belt around her waist. Next, we do some breathing exercise. Inhale, hold ; Inhale, expel; Expel, hold....we recorded her pulses and heart rates for each of the conditions and answers some questions.
The next exercise, me and my partner switched. This time, instead of using belts to wrap around finger and waist, we used big clippers to measure pulses and heart beats...I think. er... No no no. We do ECG. Electrocardiogram. It's used to see the heart exercises and detect and heart problems.
So, it started by measuring my normal pulses and heart beats. Then I get on the cycling thing and cycled for a few minutes with high frictions. My lecturer screwed it quite tight (means higher friction and need to put on more force to cycle) and it didn't help much with only one complete pedal. Another pedal was long spoiled so I could only pedal with that tiny metal. Painful la. By the time I stopped and came down from the thing, wow... dizzy la. Did I stop breathing while cycling ? = = We quickly measured my pulses and heart beats. Wow... Huge peaks. lol. It's interesting to see some differences in the readings. ~~~ Actually it's kind of interesting looking at the instruments that telling the condition of your heart beats. Really.
So... interesting lab. ^^ Fun.
After that, I went to the library to look for my sis. By then, it was already 5:20pm... Quite late. hm...
We went straight home then cause we had a dinner date with Auntie. ^^
I drove us to an Indian Restaurant - Kinara located just opposite the Hornby Hub.
We ordered 2 curries and that came with rice. It's $15 for each curry. Don't get tricked by the photos, actually they were just 2 small pots. But you can eat up to a few bowls or rice with just 1 small pot, since the flavour is so rich....
So, that's dinner....
After that, Auntie rented a dvd from a video store nearby and we spent the rest of our evening watching that particular movie. hm....
oh ya, before I forgot, let me introduce one of my 'housemate'.
He is totally different from my old 'housemate', Mimi the Cat. >.< This guy is soo....fluffy. It's Momo the Dog.
I think I will just end the post.... it's getting quite stuffy....and long.... with all those....words...
ciao~


No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D