Well, I should probably mention Justice League since I was all hyped up in the previous post.
My favourite scenes: Everybody Knows sequence, Amazon vs Steppenwolf sequence and... I don't know anymore. The opening scene with Batman on the gargoyle thing is gooood. Supes turning his head to look at Flash. And when the 5 of them are in the Krytonian ship, there, MOS themes are heard, softly, and then gone. That's all.
IT WAS DEFINITELY NOT WHAT I HOPE TO GET FROM THE TRAILERS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MULTIPLE TIMES.
Please skip reading onwards, it's just me ranting, ranting and ranting about Justice League.
I warned you.
The damn music is so damn wrong! What the hell is that. I get that nostalgia stuff but tell me, does it blend even the slightest into the movie tone? I don't know about you but the themes just felt cheesy when put in context with these modern interpretations of the characters. There's no continuity from the previous two films, and from WW. What the hell have you done?! Film score is also one of DC films' uniqueness. Shit.
By the way, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman don't have a solid theme for themselves. SOLID. Flash has his..sort of tickling theme whenever he's running, I can't remember anything for Cyborg or Aquaman... That's so sad... Batman and Supes are just the old themes. Way old themes. Overused themes. And WW, what we have from the WW film are great, Rupert Gregson-Williams did an amazing job building on the WW theme created by Hans in BVS and added his own twist. In JL, WW's theme just got watered down... I NEED THE ELECTRIC CELLO.
The best music in the whole film? Everybody Knows, and the short MOS theme in kryptonian ship.
Next, the dialogues. Where are the dialogues we have heard from the trailers?!!!! I was waiting for "My turn" from Batman!!!!!! That's important!!! Replacing if with "...didn't bring a sword." What's that? Slandering WW is he?! It's funny on that second, and felt wrong on the next second. Batman just spit out weird dialogues sometimes. "Something is definitely bleeding." That's... he quipped during/after battles now? Huh? From my understanding, Batman is the silent and brooding type. He doesn't usually put focus on himself, or preaching his condition to others etc. He will definitely keep it to himself and continue on fighting...
Besides that, Ma Kent and Lois's scene. .... Wha..what? Why is Ma Kent saying things like this to Lois????? Huh? I don't get the humour in the situation. Awkward as hell. Is the dialogues on the TV necessary??
And the heist scene with WW. THE MUSIC JUST PULLED ME OUT FARAWAY FROM THE CINEMA WHENEVER I HEARD IT. ??? I really dislike it. It sounds so comical. And the dialogues, "I'm a believer." Huh? Believe in what? There's no confrontation, at all. Mind you, they cut the scene where WW wiped the floor with the terrorist. And really, there's no reaction from the government? It felt so isolated, especially in such a public place. The whole building is being held-up by the terrorist! Don't tell me nothing is being done by the government or law enforcement in that period of time. We saw some police or swat team outside the building, wouldn't the terrorist warn them not to come into the building or so? Huh? No scenes for that?
Next, the photography?colour grading? . I'm not an expert in this, so I don't really see any difference on first glance. I know this sounds weird, in JL, Batman just look ugly in some scenes. In BVS, he looked sexy. I know some of you will definitely find me weird saying it like that. The way he was being shot in JL, urrgh, some are just awful. Grrr.....
The colour... for some reasons, Batman/Bruce looked pinkish in some of the reshoot scenes. Pinkish. PINKISH. And, he lost some of his grey streaks in some scenes too. Did they make him younger or what????
Also, why did I kept seeing WW's backside shots?? Why? And Flash face-landing onto WW is a step too far. I got angry. Why would this happened in a battle? Naturally, when WW went and covered Flash, their position wasn't like this, how did it end up like that? WW is basically lying flat on the ground. Huh?
The scenes in Hero's Park.... The first trailer we got, it was during dawn or dusk, at least the surrounding was not bright day. Now we get fighting in bright day light. It's like they enhanced everything to daytime. I don't know what Zack had intended for this scene initially, but I would really had prefer if it's at night.
I didn't even feel the slightest emotional in the Hero's Park scene. Nada. That's so sad. That's supposed to be the center of the film!!!!
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT FOR THE FIRST EVER JUSTICE LEAGUE FILM. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WB?!!!! You really have no idea how all these are important to the day1 fans, aren't you. I couldn't really considered myself as a day1 fan cause I didn't get into MOS until later years. I was not really into CBM at that time, just Batman. MOS makes me appreciate this modern interpretation of Supes. I'm not a Supes fan. I'm a fan of Zack and Henry's Supes, that's all. If you take away Zack's Supes, it would be just normal Supes for me but with Henry, all I care at that point would be Henry, not Supes.
Ok. I want to say things I like in JL.
As I mentioned before, <Everybody Knows> and everything with the Amazons are my favourites! I recognised Zack's style in it. Easily. With <Everybody Knows>, we were teased with some themes that the film were going to "discuss" initially. Like Supes death's impact on the world, the hates towards different race/religion, the gap between the rich and poor etc. But instead we got.... urgh. Moving on.
The Amazons are freaking cool and powerful! All the while, I was so damn terrified of Hippolyta's safety. I was on the edge for the whole scene. Please no please no.. oh phew, but oh nooo, the Amazons.. But they did so well trying to keep the MotherBox away from Steppenwolf as long as possible.
Next one is WW saving the kids and adults in the heist scene. She's blocking the bullets!!! Blocking a machine gun's? bullets! (Is that a machine gun? I have no idea. lol). And the shots are beautiful! Especially the slow-mo.
Continue on, history lesson. The scenes were what we have seen from the trailers, with much more. The Gods are fighting alongside!!! Great!!! Zeus!! Freaking Zeus!! And Arthemis! And Ares!! Woohoo!! Though, the music/song from the trailer really suits this scene more...meh.
Next is just a split second scene. It's when Flash "arrived" at the rooftop with WW and Batman. He kind of just materialized in air. The shot is beautiful! Gordon standing next to the light looking into the sky is also beautiful. The still shot Zack shared months ago.
Following on, when they were in the krytonian ship, with Flash running to light the MotherBox. The slow-mo shot is incredible! You could see the lightning in everyone's eyes. Besides, this scene also showed us the details in Flash's suit.
Another one of my favourite is in the trailer though. The assumed Dream scene with Clark and Lois, in the corn field. I like the dialogue in this! Zack had even shared the storyboard for this! But, IT.GOT.CUT.
We have 2 post-credit scenes by the way. One is just... eh. Another one just got me hyped! And Zack shot the second one! You could feel the intensity. Aarrrggghhhh. I thought the first post-credit was gonna mean something, but it turned out just for fun. Oh well...
With such limited scenes, Cyborg is amazing!!! Obviously, many of his scenes were cut, because he doesn't feel like the "heart" of the film to me anymore, like what Zack had intended initially. The chemistry between Cyborg and Flash is spot on, what with being the youngest among the group. Flash's scenes were also cut, it's like they are totally deleting the existence of an important character, Iris. Grrrr... .......
I am so tired ranting about this. But I need to get it out.
I have watched the film 5 times, and I don't know whether I have the motivation to watch the 6th, 7th... The generic music and lame jokes made my ears bleed every time I watched the film in the cinema. I maybe exhilarating, but that's my opinion. It just hurts that the film turned like that. I am so tired after all the emotional investment I have done all this time. Obviously, some others have invested more and I don't know how they felt right now, especially those that have been investing so much on waiting for a conclusion for MOS and BVS. ...I am so sad.
I am only watching Justice League now onwards for the characters and Zack Snyder's lovely shots. Unless something happened, and we got to see the full version of Zack's Justice League.
My favourite scenes: Everybody Knows sequence, Amazon vs Steppenwolf sequence and... I don't know anymore. The opening scene with Batman on the gargoyle thing is gooood. Supes turning his head to look at Flash. And when the 5 of them are in the Krytonian ship, there, MOS themes are heard, softly, and then gone. That's all.
IT WAS DEFINITELY NOT WHAT I HOPE TO GET FROM THE TRAILERS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MULTIPLE TIMES.
Please skip reading onwards, it's just me ranting, ranting and ranting about Justice League.
I warned you.
The damn music is so damn wrong! What the hell is that. I get that nostalgia stuff but tell me, does it blend even the slightest into the movie tone? I don't know about you but the themes just felt cheesy when put in context with these modern interpretations of the characters. There's no continuity from the previous two films, and from WW. What the hell have you done?! Film score is also one of DC films' uniqueness. Shit.
By the way, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman don't have a solid theme for themselves. SOLID. Flash has his..sort of tickling theme whenever he's running, I can't remember anything for Cyborg or Aquaman... That's so sad... Batman and Supes are just the old themes. Way old themes. Overused themes. And WW, what we have from the WW film are great, Rupert Gregson-Williams did an amazing job building on the WW theme created by Hans in BVS and added his own twist. In JL, WW's theme just got watered down... I NEED THE ELECTRIC CELLO.
The best music in the whole film? Everybody Knows, and the short MOS theme in kryptonian ship.
Next, the dialogues. Where are the dialogues we have heard from the trailers?!!!! I was waiting for "My turn" from Batman!!!!!! That's important!!! Replacing if with "...didn't bring a sword." What's that? Slandering WW is he?! It's funny on that second, and felt wrong on the next second. Batman just spit out weird dialogues sometimes. "Something is definitely bleeding." That's... he quipped during/after battles now? Huh? From my understanding, Batman is the silent and brooding type. He doesn't usually put focus on himself, or preaching his condition to others etc. He will definitely keep it to himself and continue on fighting...
Besides that, Ma Kent and Lois's scene. .... Wha..what? Why is Ma Kent saying things like this to Lois????? Huh? I don't get the humour in the situation. Awkward as hell. Is the dialogues on the TV necessary??
And the heist scene with WW. THE MUSIC JUST PULLED ME OUT FARAWAY FROM THE CINEMA WHENEVER I HEARD IT. ??? I really dislike it. It sounds so comical. And the dialogues, "I'm a believer." Huh? Believe in what? There's no confrontation, at all. Mind you, they cut the scene where WW wiped the floor with the terrorist. And really, there's no reaction from the government? It felt so isolated, especially in such a public place. The whole building is being held-up by the terrorist! Don't tell me nothing is being done by the government or law enforcement in that period of time. We saw some police or swat team outside the building, wouldn't the terrorist warn them not to come into the building or so? Huh? No scenes for that?
Next, the photography?colour grading? . I'm not an expert in this, so I don't really see any difference on first glance. I know this sounds weird, in JL, Batman just look ugly in some scenes. In BVS, he looked sexy. I know some of you will definitely find me weird saying it like that. The way he was being shot in JL, urrgh, some are just awful. Grrr.....
The colour... for some reasons, Batman/Bruce looked pinkish in some of the reshoot scenes. Pinkish. PINKISH. And, he lost some of his grey streaks in some scenes too. Did they make him younger or what????
Also, why did I kept seeing WW's backside shots?? Why? And Flash face-landing onto WW is a step too far. I got angry. Why would this happened in a battle? Naturally, when WW went and covered Flash, their position wasn't like this, how did it end up like that? WW is basically lying flat on the ground. Huh?
The scenes in Hero's Park.... The first trailer we got, it was during dawn or dusk, at least the surrounding was not bright day. Now we get fighting in bright day light. It's like they enhanced everything to daytime. I don't know what Zack had intended for this scene initially, but I would really had prefer if it's at night.
I didn't even feel the slightest emotional in the Hero's Park scene. Nada. That's so sad. That's supposed to be the center of the film!!!!
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT FOR THE FIRST EVER JUSTICE LEAGUE FILM. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WB?!!!! You really have no idea how all these are important to the day1 fans, aren't you. I couldn't really considered myself as a day1 fan cause I didn't get into MOS until later years. I was not really into CBM at that time, just Batman. MOS makes me appreciate this modern interpretation of Supes. I'm not a Supes fan. I'm a fan of Zack and Henry's Supes, that's all. If you take away Zack's Supes, it would be just normal Supes for me but with Henry, all I care at that point would be Henry, not Supes.
Ok. I want to say things I like in JL.
As I mentioned before, <Everybody Knows> and everything with the Amazons are my favourites! I recognised Zack's style in it. Easily. With <Everybody Knows>, we were teased with some themes that the film were going to "discuss" initially. Like Supes death's impact on the world, the hates towards different race/religion, the gap between the rich and poor etc. But instead we got.... urgh. Moving on.
The Amazons are freaking cool and powerful! All the while, I was so damn terrified of Hippolyta's safety. I was on the edge for the whole scene. Please no please no.. oh phew, but oh nooo, the Amazons.. But they did so well trying to keep the MotherBox away from Steppenwolf as long as possible.
Next one is WW saving the kids and adults in the heist scene. She's blocking the bullets!!! Blocking a machine gun's? bullets! (Is that a machine gun? I have no idea. lol). And the shots are beautiful! Especially the slow-mo.
Continue on, history lesson. The scenes were what we have seen from the trailers, with much more. The Gods are fighting alongside!!! Great!!! Zeus!! Freaking Zeus!! And Arthemis! And Ares!! Woohoo!! Though, the music/song from the trailer really suits this scene more...meh.
Next is just a split second scene. It's when Flash "arrived" at the rooftop with WW and Batman. He kind of just materialized in air. The shot is beautiful! Gordon standing next to the light looking into the sky is also beautiful. The still shot Zack shared months ago.
Following on, when they were in the krytonian ship, with Flash running to light the MotherBox. The slow-mo shot is incredible! You could see the lightning in everyone's eyes. Besides, this scene also showed us the details in Flash's suit.
Another one of my favourite is in the trailer though. The assumed Dream scene with Clark and Lois, in the corn field. I like the dialogue in this! Zack had even shared the storyboard for this! But, IT.GOT.CUT.
We have 2 post-credit scenes by the way. One is just... eh. Another one just got me hyped! And Zack shot the second one! You could feel the intensity. Aarrrggghhhh. I thought the first post-credit was gonna mean something, but it turned out just for fun. Oh well...
With such limited scenes, Cyborg is amazing!!! Obviously, many of his scenes were cut, because he doesn't feel like the "heart" of the film to me anymore, like what Zack had intended initially. The chemistry between Cyborg and Flash is spot on, what with being the youngest among the group. Flash's scenes were also cut, it's like they are totally deleting the existence of an important character, Iris. Grrrr... .......
I am so tired ranting about this. But I need to get it out.
I have watched the film 5 times, and I don't know whether I have the motivation to watch the 6th, 7th... The generic music and lame jokes made my ears bleed every time I watched the film in the cinema. I maybe exhilarating, but that's my opinion. It just hurts that the film turned like that. I am so tired after all the emotional investment I have done all this time. Obviously, some others have invested more and I don't know how they felt right now, especially those that have been investing so much on waiting for a conclusion for MOS and BVS. ...I am so sad.
I am only watching Justice League now onwards for the characters and Zack Snyder's lovely shots. Unless something happened, and we got to see the full version of Zack's Justice League.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D