Pages

Saturday, November 02, 2019

463 Australia trip Part 1 - Melbourne

Yup. We went to Australia for my old classmate's wedding. Figured that since I am just across the sea, why not go and attend? A few flew in from Singapore/Malaysia, I should really make the trip. Food trip too.

First stop: Melbourne.

And it was great. Always happy to see my old classmates. The wedding venue was lovely. Decorations are pretty too. It was a long drive though, from the city. The weather was ups and downs. It was sunny, windy, rainy etc. Wonderful.

       

The colour theme was rose gold, I think. As most of the colours tend to go that way. I tried champagne, tasted weird. Lol

Anyway, sis and I were in Melbourne for 3 days 2 nights. Glad to come to Melbourne. Lots of different food to see, but we didn't get much chance to do so. Walking down the streets, were shocked to see that everywhere we see, Asians. Hahaha. Can't really find any natural blondes in the crowd. Felt like Singapore. And I didn't felt like the odd one out with my colour. Lots of Asians shops. And the food!!! Oh!! Malaysian food!!!! There's one “Laksa House" OMG. Though we didnt try any of the laksa. Hahahaha. First night we arrived, we tried Japanese food, becauseeeee, Laksa house was full!!!!


Seafood yakisoba & chicken katsu don

Looks nice aren't they? But not so much on the taste though. I don't like the katsu sauce though.


For the next night's dinner though, tasted much better. We went to "Laksa House"! We were early, so many seats and tables! And ordered iced milo! Chicken rice always tasted good! Gahh...

Hainanese Chicken rice
I can't remember the name but this taste so nice!!!

Old classmates and I made plans to have dinner that actually. But then, until 6:30pm, there's still not a beep. Sis and I decided to just head out for dinner instead. We had an early flight tomorrow, not going to sleep that late. Kind of disappointed not able to have dinner with them, maybe next time. My friend met up with us after dinner. We wanted ice-cream (I was craving Natural ice-cream at that point), friend drove us this apparently quite popular Italian ice-cream some distance away. There's a queue in front. Ooh.
Chocolate and Cookie & cream

I have no idea why did we got such normal flavours. Hahahahaha!!!!

On the side note, I love our place in Melbourne. It's an apartment. Everything is in it. I specially like the wardrobe sliding doors big mirrors. That was nice! Also, they have the washer/dryer thing. That was nice. And the airconditioner. Great. Always happy to see air-conditioner.

Next morning's trip to the airport was... a down. I knew they gave us a 20min window, but still, did they have to push it that close??? I think the van arrived at 8:20am, OMG. Other than that, Melbourne airport was homey. Maybe because it's just a domestic flight? We took off on time. Yippee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D