Pages

Wednesday, November 06, 2019

464 Australia Part 2 - Gold Coast

Second stop: Gold Coast

Gold Coast. First thing I felt stepping out of the arrival gates, warm. Really warm. And sunny. The last time we were here was about ...14 years ago? Wow.

Our trip to the apartments was long. Really. The other day sis said it was about an hour? Wow. And warm. Outside the windows, it really looked like some sandy warm country, hahaha.
We reached the place in the end, after I received an email stating information about late check-ins. Then I realised, it was Sunday. And the reception closed at 12noon on Sundays. Oh my goodness. Australia! Really!! This is a tourist spot, and the reception closes at 12noon on a Sunday??? Seriously?! Gah, anyway we got in alright as they had everything planned.

The place was spacious, but stuffy? The air-conditoner is running all right, but the air coming out was just normal temperature, not cool. So basically it was just blowing air. We got 2 rooms. One for father, another one for sis and I. Got a small bedside table between our beds, and a table lamp on top. It was unplug, and the socket was way at the end of the bed on the wall, no way they can connect. Hahaha. What's the point of it? We found a stand fan in the wardrobe, again, it had mirrors at the outer side of the sliding doors. And surprise, the fan was not working...  Father had his own en-suite bathroom in his room, and we got one full bathroom just outside of our room. Great.

We headed out after settling down. It was sooo warm. But a bit windy, so that helped, sort of. Still, sis and I wore hoodies. Father on the other hand, just a t-shirt and 3/4 length pants and out he went. Hahahaha. The contrast we made. We walked all the way to McDonalds. And believe me, it's quite a distance under the weather. It was a relief to finally stepped into McDonalds. And fries. We ordered fries! Yay! 24pieces of nugget cost $9.95? THAT'S CHEAP! We all had a burger each and I had my blueberry frozen drink.

Our first meal in Gold Coast. 


After that, WE WALKED ALL THE WAY BACK. Huh?? Why didn't we continue on... But it's good that we went back to have some rest.

We went back out there after some rest. This time, we stopped by 7-11. We had some interesting conversations with the cashier about the bus so and forth. We wanted to take the bus to Movie World the next day and also wanted to head down to Surfers Paradise. I think, father didnt really understand the bus card system. So the cashier kept repeating, hahahahaha!! We bought each a bus card (for life the cashier said, the card would last), and headed down to ...town I suppose?

It's Sunday, so it was pretty empty. We walked down further, and took the light rail and reached Surfers Paradise. Ooo. Now that was where all the people were. Lots. Compare to Melbourne, there's much more blondes there. We passed by car racings on the way, of which many more people boarded the tram. We reached Surfers Paradise finally. Lots of people and lots of shops. Souvenirs. We bought some souvenirs too.

Movenpick Ice-creams

Surfers Paradise

We headed back once the sky started to turn dark. Light rail then bus. It was dark. Totally dark.


Next day...

We woke early and check-in at 9am at the reception and then we were off to Movie World. Took the bus to bus station in Halensvale then from there, we took a special bus to Movie World, we stopped by Wet n' Wild on the way. Which turned out, just next door to Movie World.

So, now these are all the photos. We spent the day walking around looking at stores and attractions. I am not much a rides person, so we only sat one. Wanted to try the spooky Scooby-Doo one, but it was not operating that day. Oh well, we were not in luck.

That's the Superman ride. The colours matches.

This is just plain adorable!!!!! 

We bought our lunch here.

Nice aren't they. We bought the souvenir cup too. :)
This is still so impressive to look at. I wonder how it would look like at night, with spot lights and rainy weather. 

Just some random thing I found. :)

One of my highlights of the trip, seeing these guys. Looney Tunes.!!! They're my absolute favourite!!! I got more emotional seeing them than the kids, hahahaha.

They have DCEU posters on each frames for posters. HAHAHAHA.



They had photoshoots for heroes too. We saw Superman, Green Lantern, then Flash, Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Oh.. Wonder Woman still had her old suit from New52. 

They even had a full section of the park dedicated to the Legion of Doom. Wow. The statues are amazing. I personally like Scarecrows. When I stood there staring at it, that was incredible.

Scarecrow is really good!!!! He's emitting gas occasionally.

Poison Ivy 
Killer Croc. I think, there's water blasting out of the pipe? Or not, just water fountains.




This is so big!!! Fit for Doomsday. A long queue for its ride. 

Captain Cold

Gorilla Grodd

This is really trueee.




Just around the corner was the Wild West section. The sun was super hot, really suits the area. There's water ride, of course we didn't go for that. Went to look around, collected the coin souvenirs. In the shop, I saw a big RoadRunner plushie!!! But it's only if you bought something from the store, then you could purchase it. NOOOOOO. We ended up leaving without it....


After this, sis and I went over to the WB kids section. AHHHHHH. LOONEY TUNES!!! I took way lots more photos here. I am not gonna post much here cause most photos have us in them? Hahahaha. 



Anyway, we took lots with the statues. And saw Baby Taz board! AARRGHHH. We sat the RoadRunner roller coaster like sis wanted. Hahaha. We ended laughing during the ride. LOL.

Moving on, we went to Justice League's area near the entrance. And went for the 4D experience, shooting alien stars. Starro? I didn't take any photos inside the Hall of Justice because apparently, we were rushing to the 4D experience? Grrrr. Was so pretty inside.




Once done, we went to look at the famous DC Rivals Hypercoaster. Wow.... that's incredible. My classmates went for it a few days ago. OMG. And I realised it now, I forgot to take a photo of it!!!!

Anyway, we went back the same way we came.

Before heading back to city with the other bus, we went to Westfield at the Halensvale station. They have EB Games etc. We stopped by the toy shop which I can't seem to remember the name of, and they have this Nightmare Before Christmas theme going on. They had on displayed, a pair of big NBC Jack and Sally mug. ARRGHHH. Those were so pretty!! And The vinyl figures too!! We saw a HTTY doormat too. We walked over to EB games, nothing much, and we headed straight the disc shop. Lots of stuffs inside, we saw TITANS and ROSWELL. WOW. And we bought both, hahahahahaha. So happy. We had hot drinks before leaving the place.

Went back to our apartment. Rest up a bit, went for dinner. We had steak! Texting my friend while eating throughout dinner, that was fun.

I can't remember what this is....
My steak, with mushroom sauce. Medium rare.


The 3 sides. Something onions, mushrooms and garlic prawns.

Salmon!

Happy to end our trip with steak. Dinner was nice.The picked the steak right while we were ordering.



Next day...

Our long trip back to Christchurch. A day. Needed to spent a day to get back to Christchurch. urrgh. 

We had brunch at the airport. We tried the Red Roster chicken of which we kept seeing on the roadside.




Happy with our trip. Bought lots of stuffs in WB Movie World. 

Our All-Stars!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D