Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

465 - 2019 Read list

I was wondering, why am I so persistent on doing this every year? Despite my blog being dead the majority of the year. Maybe I like listing out things I have done so far? Even though it's not impressive at all. Anyway, let's get on with it. This will be a very short list. Trust me.


BECAUSE I HAVE ONLY READ EIGHT BOOKS THIS YEAR! .

What the hell...

I have been reading other stuffs online and so, not physical books. And also, I have so many books on hold. I didnt even finish them... excuses...


January
-

February
-

March
-

April
-

May
-

June
-

July
21st - Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1) by Cressida Cowell

August
15th - Archie Greene and the Alchemist's Curse (Archie Greene #2) by D.D. Everest
23rd - Archie Greene and the Raven's Spell (Archie Greene #3) by D.D. Everest

September
-

October
03rd - Faerie Wars (The Faerie Wars Chronicles #1) by Herbie Brennan

November
03rd - Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2) by Cressida Cowell
17th - Knock Three Times (The Wizards of Once #3) by Cressida Cowell
26th - Batman Beyond Volume 5: The Final Joke by Dan Jurgens

December
13th - The Royal Rabbits of London (The Royal Rabbits of London #1) by Santa Montefiore, Simon Sebag Montefiore


Hm... All of them are categorised under Children's book. :) Can't help it. Children's book have nicer illustrations and so entertaining to read. I am tired of political stuffs in novels sometimes. So, Children's books, yeah.

Some honorable mentions are:
Good Omens
The Purple Emperor

Good Omens I have started reading it since the show ended. Progress is quite slow, but it's getting there. I should be able to finish it before June in 2020. Hopefully. As for The Purple Emperor, that might have a faster progress. I am more invested in that, I think.

For 2020, I was thinking of going into Artemis Fowl. Seeing that the movie is coming out, was wondering whether the publishers will reprint the books or make new illustrations of the books. We bought the first book recently, a new book cover of course. I have no idea which version is mine, the one back in home town. I can't seem to find it anywhere in bookstores now. I hope the movie is good, so they can green light the following sequels, IF there is a sequel.


 

 

 


Children's books are so pretty. And they easily come in hardcovers!!!!! I used to find it a bit awkward when I roamed about in the Children's section in libraries. Now I don't, just headed straight there once I stepped through the doors. Lol.

All the books were from the local libraries, hence the code on the upper left of the books.

Oh yeah, before I forgot, I want to mention that I'm getting more and more in love with Cressida Cowell's illustrations. I find it more and more... life like in Once's series. In the Dragons's series, it was funny sometimes, but then in the Once's series, I was in awe. Like I can spend a full minute looking at one illustration in the book. Wow.


Soooo, for my Reading resolutions for 2020, again, 10 books. Hahahahaha.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a nice day. :D