The number sounds... big, but actually, it's not that much post. I started this blog quite long ago, so..not much..
anyway..
I finally finished DARREN SHAN SAGA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!
12 books!! I started reading them ..last year, February. wow... It's a little more than a year since then. Through the year, I collected the complete full set. For the first few books, the prices were the same, but then, the prices become more and more... scarier... = = First, around rm20 a book, then, it became around rm26 a book, gosh. I was a little upset then. If it got much higher, I might stop myself buying them. Well, I might still buy them in the end despite their prices though.. out of my collecting habit... = =
Also, I like this version's covers. I think this typed is kinda.. limited now or gone from the shelves in bookstores. They have republished them, before or after the Movie I dont know. Just that, I dont really like the new covers. = = Reminds me of Goosebumps...... The dark covers are more..cool. ^^ Anyway, I finished my collection.. around.. the beginning of the year or end of last year. Yet, I dragged reading the last second and last book until recently. Part of me is reluctant to know the ending....I heard from a friend that it's kinda sad in the end..so.....
BUT!! The books were lying on my table for who-knows-how-long, along with other books. So, I grabbed it, and read, the second last book, LORD of the SHADOWS. I remembered, I finished the book around..3 something in the morning, 30th September. Hahaha!! Once I got into it, I seem to have being sucked into it. Since it's almost the end, the story line is a bit hasty and ..exciting? ya, I think so. I kept reminding myself, this is the last chapter, go to bed at the end of the chapter. But...I just got carried away~
And then, the last book, SONS of DESTINY. ..Hm, right, the ending. Not as what I've thought of. Really, a bit depressing to me, hahaha. The phrases and sentences, I like them though. I grabbed one down.
"Photos and videos don't capture the real you, or bring back to life the person you used to be. You have to return to the past to do that."
.....When I read it, I felt in synced. = = Ya, something like that. Well, that's the truth. No matter how many photos you've taken, how many videos you've recorded, you can never become the you in them again. Once the time passes, it passes, it never turns around for a second chance. That's life. Accept it.
![]() |
| all 12 books. colourful ^^ |
oo.... Before I finished the Darren Shan sagas, I finished reading LUCK IN THE SHADOWS a day before, 29th of September. Again, I finished it around..3 something in the morning. Actually, I could have finished the book 1 or 2 days earlier. But, I knew that I would be left feeling empty so.. I dragged the time. ...Eventually, I'm still pulled towards the book, and read it finished. After the last page, I felt like screaming. Why you ask, because..
I DIDNT BUY THE SECOND BOOK!!! YET, I HAVE THE THIRD BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do you think.? = = I felt so.... depressed and...crazy. = = I kept asking myself why didn't I look at the cover properly before buying it. = = Where's the 2nd book you ask? In Kinokuniya, Singapore. .......gah!!!
I have the 5th book at home. That, I bought in MPH, Kuching. ^^ I was so happy when I found it. ~~ After that, I waited. I dont want to spoil the fun by reading the 5th book. I need from the 1st, then 2nd and so on. ...So, I waited..for about..1 month. After one month, we were of to Singapore. And ya, I found the books. Nicely clamped with other books. oh ya.
About the book, well, I'm TOTALLY HAPPY with it. *beaming*
I like how the stories unfold, how the characters interact and those magic and skills.. haha..
If I've the chance..(that's impossible..), I would really wanna see Nysander's ..room. Ya, room I think. I WANT TO SEE HOW THE BOOKS ARE ALL CLAMPED IN THE ROOM, STACKED UP. The wall, covered with scrolls and things.....geez... I really wanted to see it. XD Also, Orëska House, I want to see the architecture(?) of it. The building.
There's one part of the story that frighten me out of my nerves. It's the part where Seregil started seeing the dark figure. The first time he saw it, was while they were travelling on a cart? or ..other transportation.. According to my remembrance, the dark figure first appeared somewhere far from them. Next, he saw it dancing around (?), now that really creep me out. TAT.
I mean, I could imagine what it looks like in my mind. And then, it got behind him in the cart. .... creepier and creepier. .. I could imagine what Seregil might have felt like. Being the only one who could see it...
Next, at the house(?), I think. The two main characters slept in different room. Seregil woke up cold, and thought that the window was opened. And something was poking him hard behind.
He turned around and froze.
The dark cloaked figure was behind him. Its hands ..somewhere around its own chest (?..I think.. I dont really remember..), facing him.
MAN!!!! THAT SCARED THE DAYLIGHT OUT OF ME!
I was reading the book on my own bed, sis was sleeping soundly on the other bed. The whole room was so quiet. ...
geez.... I tried rereading it to get through it. But, the more I read it, the image formed in my mind became more and more ..real. = =
quickly, I read it through. = =|||
And, I remembered the scenes while they were on a ship(?). The scene where Seregil started seeing maggots, popping out from his food. geez... that's... disgusting to think of. No wonder he wouldnt eat even a scoop at all. = =
Alec, the other main character, I like his straight forwardness. ^^ His a fast learned too. I want to see him shooting an arrow. ^^..
...am I bias or something??.....hahaha..
![]() |
| well, I dont really like the cover. I tend to "mislook" it while reading the book. |
LOVE THEM


No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a nice day. :D